Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A Day in The Design District

photo courtesy of DallasDesignDistrict.Net

Every Wednesday my assistant and I venture to the Dallas Design District. We have a few local
places that we frequent right here in Fort Worth, but the fabric and antiques showrooms in Dallas are where we find the meat of the items that are sold to clients.

Every Dallas day is a bit different, I usually begin with a list of needs we've collected from clients over the past week and we plan out which showrooms we will be stopping by. Sometimes I complete this list the day before our trip, but last night I thought of everything we needed to accomplish at 3 am!

There are a few showrooms we visit almost every week, and one of them is
Lee Jofa/Kravet/Brunschwig & Fils.
They are one of my favorite fabric resources. 

Today I was looking for fabrics with which to upholster an antique bergere.



Editor's Note: I do sometimes exit my home NOT wearing this exact color green!

Dallas days sometimes fall on Tuesday or Thursday depending on our weekly schedule, but one of the reasons we love to come on Wednesday is for George Cameron Nash's Quick Lunch.
They serve a fabulous meal every Wednesday.


After lunch we headed to Abrash to look at rugs for a client. They have beautiful oriental rugs, both new and antique.



After rug shopping, we moved on to antiques. Today I was after a few things for several different clients. This console is part of a pair I found at East & Orient Company as a potential for a client's entry hall.


This Earth Wind & Fire tune is my inspirational song of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment