Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday with Kay!


While I do not consider myself a slave to trends, I am very cognizant of staying fresh and current in the interior design world. I try to be the same way when it comes to my wardrobe. As I've said before, I can't make homes beautiful if I don't look sassy and part of that is dressing classically but with a current flair.

Today I wore J. Crew's cropped "Minnie" pants, navy and silver C. Wonder heels, a white Theory blouse, and an Hermes scarf.

One of my favorite reps who I have known for about 20 years visited our office this morning to show us his normal lines and the new Scalamandre collection that he recently signed on to rep. I was so excited to see the Scalamandre---they have long been one of my favorite fabric houses for the "wow-factor" fabrics that I work into my designs.

Love how their Fall 2015 collection is portrayed in their promotional photos.



images via Scalamandre.com

After my vendor meeting, I went on to lunch with Mother, which I have done every single Friday for the last 25 years. And I do mean, EVERY Friday. Every once in a while I will have to jaunt to Dallas on a Friday for a design emergency and there is Mommy, trooping along with me!


After lunch, I balanced my checkbook. I am very traditional and still balance my checkbook once a month. 

Tonight I am serving crab cakes with a spinach salad for dinner. Like I have said, I do cook every night, but I feel it is important to convey that sometimes I do take "short-cuts" and zero in on something a bit easier---especially after a long week. A good lifestyle is all about balance and this balance of from scratch cooking and short-cut cooking helps me tremendously. 

Friday is the only day I pick up something fresh at the market instead of taking something pre-purchased out of the freezer to cook.

A favorite recipe is picking up crab cakes at Central Market with their remoulade sauce. I bake them at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes. I make a simple spinach salad with bacon crumbles, salted pecans and Italian dressing.

It is such a fresh, simple meal and my family loves it!

image via Chron.com

This Jeffrey Osborne song reminds me of working on the floor back when I was with Bloomingdales in my 20's. Such a classic and it still puts me in a great mood!



No comments:

Post a Comment