Friday, September 18, 2015

Goldilocks and The Three Outfits!

my daughter Riley's boots from a game last year.

Summertime in Texas is very hot, and we usually see a lull in fun social events.
With the start of September comes the start of football games and other social functions.

I am generally more of a home body. As previously discussed, I love to cook for my family and we spend many a night eating a home cooked meal, after which we tune into one of our favorite shows like The Voice or Blue Bloods.

However, when an opportunity to attend a fabulous event presents itself, I love to plan my outfits and dress appropriately for each occasion.

On Monday, I went to a fundraising event benefiting Habitat for Humanity. 

The attire was more business/casual cocktail.
I've had this brown Diane von Furstenburg dress for 8 years and it's still one of my favorites.
I make a point to buy good clothes that I know will last.




My black sandals are Coach.


This was a busy week with several events, but my favorite cocktail outfit was worn to a
dinner party on Wednesday night celebrating two of my child hood friend's 30 year anniversary at Kelly Hart & Hallman.



The dinner was so elegant and perfectly appointed.

I wore a leopard print Michael Kors cocktail dress that I originally bought 
for a business trip to Miami. It has become one of my favorites since that trip.
You can't tell in the picture, but it has a swath of black beading going across one side of the lapel that 
makes it extra special.


I paired classic black Prada pumps and a Gucci clutch with my dress---I like to pair understated accessories with my outfit when I want my dress to be the star.


This weekend, I am going to TCU Parent's Weekend and have planned my outfit for tonight's dinner at Lonesome Dove (one of the most fabulous restaurants in Fort Worth) to be what I call "sassy casual".

I am wearing a Doncaster lace blouse,custom boots from Leddy's, white J Brand Jeans and a black Gucci purse.



When I'm preparing for an event, I will lay out my outfit on my bed, adding each piece to the puzzle until I arrive at a decision. I do this much like I would plan a room. It helps me to visualize the big picture.


Today was a whirlwind work day---as Friday's often are, and this Bruno Mars song really kept me upbeat and dancing my way to each appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment