Monday, December 14, 2015

A Whirlwind December Weekend!


Editor's Note: Today I am wearing a sweater by Miles S.P.A, a blouse from J.Crew, skirt from Banana Republic and shoes from Taryn Rose.

This was such a fun, whirlwind weekend! Friday evening I headed to Dallas to have dinner with my cousin, Shelley, who is more like my sister. We met with her Shelley's dad for dinner, and then met up with one of our Pi Phi sister's from our Tulane days and her husband at their new urban living apartment in Dallas with a rooftop terrace. Shelley lives in Atlanta now, and I treasure the time I get to spend with her.


Saturday I spent the day preparing for Jewel Charity Ball, which is the biggest black tie event of the year in Fort Worth, benefiting Cook Children's Hospital.



Riley and I went back to JC Penney to get our hair done.
I wore mine down so I could use a jeweled headband as part of my accessories.



The finished product!


My dress was by Erin Featherstone , my shoes are by Kate Spade , and my headband is from Banana Republic.


The ball was fabulous and it always really puts me in the mood for the holiday season. It's always fun to see friends in their finery, dancing and having a good time---my favorite thing!

The flowers on the tables were especially beautiful this year.


Riley and me at the Ball. Riley looked so stunning in her dress by Aidan Mattox.


Riley, Mother and Me. Three generations enjoying the ball together.


Riley and I sat at a table with one of my sweet friends, Mary Louise and her husband.


Riley and Chandler Gutterson are roommates together at TCU and made their debut together last year. It was fun for them to be on the other side, seeing all the debs wearing their jewels.


Last night for dinner I made baked tilapia and a kale salad with nuts and dried cranberries.


Love this song by Jess Glynne!


No comments:

Post a Comment