Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Blessings and a Very Merry Christmas to All My Readers!



Editor's Note--Today I am wearing AG cords, a silk blouse by Joie and J.Crew patent flats.

The Holidays are a wonderful time. There are lots of parties to attend, family gatherings to host and presents to be thoughtfully purchased and beautifully wrapped. 
Aside from all of the trimmings, the holidays are a wonderful time to reflect on the past year and really take the time to be grateful for the blessings that have been bestowed upon you the last 12 months.

Here are Five Blessings I am Most Grateful For This Christmas:


-Close Proximity to My Family---I love that I chose to move back to my hometown of Fort Worth in my late twenties. It has been a blessing to be near my family. I love that I have the ability to have lunch with my mother every Friday and that I get to see my nieces regularly. It was so wonderful for the kids to grow up seeing their grandparents regularly, rather than a couple of times a year.




-To Live in a City of Such Rich Culture- Fort Worth is an epicenter of fabulous culture. We have a wonderful Ballet, our own Orchestra and a selection of some of the best museums in the country with stunning collections of art. I feel so blessed to live in a city that places such high importance on the arts.



-The Gift of Creativity- My business education from Tulane has carried me far in my career, but I could never have made it to where I am without my god-given creativity. I am thankful that I am able to wake up each day and create fresh and beautiful spaces for my clients.



-Fabulous Clients- My clients are all so wonderful and I am so thankful for each and every one of them. Through the process of designing their homes, we become the best of friends and I am so grateful for the added bonus of their lasting friendship.



-Strong Female Figures- I grew up around strong female figures. Both of my grandmothers---Nannie and One Mama were strong Southern women and they passed that same trait to my mother and me. My mother is a constant source of inspiration to me---she lives life so beautifully and with such grace. I know we are setting a great example now for Riley and for generations of strong women to come.

We had a fabulous Christmas Eve at my mothers and are so happy and blessed to be with family on this beautiful Christmas Day. A Very Merry Christmas to all of my readers---thank you for following along on our journey these last few months! I hope you will continue to follow along with us through the duration of the Holiday Season and into the New Year!

Last night for dinner we had the traditional turkey and dressing and ham and today I am serving the Christmas Menu that I posted last week!


I love Barrett Baber's version of Silent Night from The Voice---It is truly beautiful.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment