Tuesday, December 8, 2015

How Photos Tell Our Life Story


Editor's Note: Today I am wearing a dress by Theory, a cardigan from Ann Taylor and 
Banana Republic heels.

I have lots of beautiful antique accessories and pieces of art, but the most important things in my home by far are my framed pictures. Pictures tell a story of your life. They bring you back to your childhood---remembering what your parents and grandparents looked like when they were young, they remind you of your own youth and of friends and loved one's that have come and gone.




This picture was taken in Hawaii in 1972---that's me and my mother.

I fill almost every table top space I have with framed pictures. They make me happy to look at and be reminded of those I love each day.



I also love how my frames all mis-match. They are unified not by their looks or materials, but by the important people they behold. I love remembering where I got one frame or another, whether they were given to me or purchased for a specific photo.



Look at that crazy hair! 


I especially love the photos of my children from childhood to young adults. It reminds me how fast time has passed and how many wonderful memories have been made along the way.







Last night for dinner I made turkey burgers and brussel sprouts steamed in chicken broth.



I love anything by Frank Sinatra, but Fly Me to the Moon is a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment