Thursday, October 29, 2015

Memories


Editor's Note: Today I am exercising the ultimate high-low. I am wearing a dark grey knit dress by Diane von Furstenberg, Armani heels, and a camel cardigan (which has a touch of gold shimmer if you get really close to it) from New York & Company.

I've said before that I require being surrounded by my favorite things. One of these favorites that I must have in every room are photographs of family and friends.

I encourage clients to do the same for a few reasons. First, it is a pet peeve of mine when a room looks like a showroom or a hotel. I like interiors to be personal, and apart from surrounding yourself with favored colors and your most cherished antiques, photos are a wonderful way to incorporate personality.


Bookcases in my family room.
 As you can see, I have decorative accessories throughout, but it is primarily filled with family photos.

Visitors love standing here and looking at each picture. It's really a window into your life.


Even in my more formal areas I will have a few of my favorite pictures mixed among my crystal and
antique silver.




My dressing table, which you have seen previously has tons of family photos. They make me smile every morning while I get ready.


My daughter, Riley is an apple that did not fall far from the tree---she too has pictures all over her room.

Even though I am an interior designer, I did allow her to tape party pictures all over her door at home.
Her friends used to call it "the wall of fame".




I even have picture frames surrounding my dressing room sink. Family pictures are truly in every space in my house. I cannot get enough of them. You may call me sentimental, but I see it as my and my family's personality radiating through my home.


Of course our song of the day is "The Way We Were" or as most people would call it "Memories".
One of my favorites. It is a classic and almost always makes me tear up.


I did not cook dinner last night because I was at a friend's birthday gathering at Rivercrest Country Club's beautiful bar.
Happy Thursday and a good luck to the Horned Frogs on tonight's game against West Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment