Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Shopping List


Editor's Note: Today I am wearing a pleated black skirt from Anthropologie, a blouse and pearl encrusted cardigan from Ann Taylor, and Claudia Ciuti slingback kitten heels.

One of the reasons that I chose Wednesday as my routine "Dallas Day" is that it's in the middle of the week. On Monday and Tuesday we are usually meeting with clients, making a list of what we need, we execute on Wednesday in Dallas and we present or deliver on Thursday and Friday.
Obviously every week is different so that is not a hard and fast rule, but it's generally how things go.

Yesterday we met with a long time client of mine who's house we're doing a bit of a refresh on, and we were discussing her sons bedroom, which is being re-painted and we are adding a new bed/bedding/ reupholstered some existing items. We needed a few furniture pieces to complete the room. The items on our "grocery list" as I call it were night stands, a pair of lamps, a shelf to put collectibles on and some art.

I don't always know exactly what I'm after, especially when I'm searching for antiques, but I find that once i settle on one item, the room starts to take shape and fall into place.

We started our Dallas day at Antique Row---a favorite of mine. 
I loved these antique bamboo tables I found.




An antique barley twist bench.


I was absolutely head over heels for this pine chest! It has such interesting lines.


These bamboo hat racks are a favorite of mine.



This small pine side table was a perfect fit for the slightly rustic vibe we were after.


I also loved this shelf---perfect for displaying small collections.


These carved wooden lamps make such a statement.


A simple rustic wooden bench. 

After we did some antiquing, it was time to search for art.

I did these aerial maps of Fort Worth for a client last year and they are very cool.
They were the perfect look for my client's son's room.


I also love these prints of Republic of Texas currency---great for someone that loves Texas heritage or is a history buff.


On the way back we had a little sing along in the car.
Yet another piece of evidence that I need to be singing and dancing wherever I go!



Clearly what has me singing and dancing today is Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.


Last night for dinner I made rack of lamb and sliced roasted eggplant.
Here are the prep pictures and the final product.






No comments:

Post a Comment