Friday, October 2, 2015

My Beauty Routine


In early May of this year I turned 55. Beast referred to it as my "Speed Limit" birthday, although I have no plans to slow down anytime soon. I am happy to say that I've been able to keep my skin looking young without any assistance from plastic surgery.

I have a daily regimen of skincare that I am religious about and it keeps my skin fresh, clear and youthful.

While I have not had any plastic surgery to keep me looking young, I was certainly no stranger to it when I was young. At age 2 I pulled a boiling pot of green beans off of the stove and onto my neck and shoulders. I had to have 9 skin graftings and became well acquainted with my plastic surgeon. 

In my early teens, when my father's side of the family genealogy reared it's ugly head in the form of my expanded nose, my surgeon recommended I restore it to it's former state with a nose job. "Wouldn't you like to be able to breath out of both sides of your nose?" he asked. I told him that I had no idea that people actually did breath out of both sides of their noses---after all, that was hardly fodder for social conversation.

Years later at a high school reunion, a guy friend pointed me out in an old picture and asked who that girl was that he couldn't place. I smiled and told him I had no idea. That horrible nose only got to exist for four years and will forever be forgotten. Thank goodness for rhinoplasty!



Every morning, I start my washing my face in the bathtub with a warm wash cloth. Afterwards,  I put Clarins Double Serum on my face and then  Clarins Total Eye Concentrate  underneath my eyes.


I go back and forth between two moisturizers to be applied after my Clarins serums, one is J. Berry  which you an buy locally at Luxe Machine and the Patricia Wexler is at Bath and Body Works. 
Next I apply the Guerlain Orchidee Imperial Eye cream ----the container is expensive but lasts a year.


I have never been able to bring myself to spend the money on the Guerlain Orchidee Imperial Face Cream, because it's almost the price of a new pair of Pradas, but I treasure the samples and always ask for a bunch when I'm purchasing the eye cream or my lipstick.





At night, I use Johnson's Baby Oil to take my makeup off. I've been doing this since I was in my teens. Then I wash my face with this Patricia Wexler Dual Action Foaming Cleanser. Afterward, I put Kiehl's night recovery oil on my whole face and neck, followed by Patricia Wexler night cream.


I also put the Midnight Recovery Eye Cream under my eyes at night.
I found the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery to have the same feel and effect as La Prairie, but it is about 7 times less expensive.


I take vitamins morning and night and have been doing so for 22 years. I buy them out of California and they ship right to my house.
I found them through my old Mary Kay rep.



These are my favorite hair products--the secret to my full, poufy hair!
Left to right, Aveda Volumizing Tonic that I spray in my roots, Aveda hair spray and a Davines moisturizing fluid I put on before I blow dry the fool out of my hair.

My outfit today is a Chanel inspired tweed skirt from Brooks Brothers meets a French style Nanette Lepore blouse and nude patent J Crew kitten heels.


Love everything having to do with Breakfast at Tiffany's---especially the soundtrack.
Here's to a fabulous Friday and an even more fabulous weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment