Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas Cards, Kay's Way!


Editor's Note: Today I am wearing AG jeans, a shirt from Target, a sweater from Anthropologie, and G Series Shoes.

Every year around Thanksgiving, I address and send out my Christmas cards. Christmas cards are a lovely way to keep in touch with family and friends that you don't see often and I love looking at each card to see how my kids have grown up over the years.

Cards can be as formal or as informal as you like. I typically order mine from Shutterfly because I can upload pictures that were taken on my phone. They can be of a special event (this year I used pictures from our debutante party in May) or a compilation of pictures from the past year.
I usually order mine in the late summer, as they usually have a special going for Christmas cards before most people have started thinking about them.


Here is our card for Christmas 2015.



Christmas 2014

This was the year of Riley's debut and I used a family photo 
taken at Steeplechase in October 2014.


Christmas 2013
This was the year of Tyler Rose Festival---I loved using several
 different pictures from the event.





I love these return address labels from Expressionery.com. They're actually stickers, which are fabulous because they keep the envelope closed and add another element to the card.


Yesterday I sat by the fire while I addressed my Christmas cards---comfortable in an over sized sweater and leggings. Even this glamour girl has to dress comfy and cozy once in a while!


I like to hand write the addresses on the envelopes---it does take longer, but I find it to be more personal.




Poppy, one of my cats, was there all day for moral support.


Last night I made Lemon Rosemary tilapia fillets from Central Market and an arugula salad with mushrooms and parmesan.



Ray Conniff singers had one of my Daddy's favorite albums
and I love all the songs on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment