Monday, November 2, 2015

Steeplechase 2015


Saturday night was my favorite event of the fall----Steeplechase.
My Dad and brother were both members of Steeplechase. I was a Steeplechase debutante in 1980, and my Riley followed suit last year as a 2014 Steeplechase deb.
I wore a Sue Wong dress from one of her original collections that I haven't fit into in years, but can again due to my recent weight loss. It is chocolate brown and beaded all over and so elegant---I was ecstatic to be able to wear it again!

Riley took her good friend Stephen Levy as her date. She wore a beautiful Monique Lhuillier gown in this striking blue color.


Every year the Steeplechase program lists all the debs from the current year and years past.


I had fun looking through it and finding my name (Kay Anderson) under 1980 and
Riley's name under 2014.



We spent a lot of time with our dear friends Martha and Wilson Franklin at the ball.


Chandler, Me and Riley



Nick and Wilson


Riley and Chandler are roommates at TCU and were Steeplechase debs together last year.


Riley and Chandler with friends. The man on the far right next to Chandler is her boyfriend, Phillip Duggins, who is president of Steeplechase this year.


Loved visiting with my sweet friend, Sally Prater, who also happens to be the mom of two of my former assistants. Her oldest daughter, Paige Casey, was one of my first assistants and her youngest, Mallory Lummis was my assistant before Mackenzie for 5 years.


The stage before the presentation of this years debutantes.


The crowd getting ready for the presentation.


The presentation of the flag and the singing of the National Anthem 
before the debs make their bow.



The party had a New Orlean's theme this year, so there was a Second Line processing from the presentation to the party. Here's a fun video.






The debs from Assembly wear jewel toned gowns at Steeplechase (and the Steeplechase debs will wear jewel toned gowns at Assembly).


Martha and me at the party.


The band, Emerald City, was fabulous and I literally danced the night away until about 1 am.



Last night I made Bison burgers and a salad with arugula, pistachios, corn and swiss cheese.

The Four Season's Song, "December, 1963"---more commonly known as "Oh, What a Night" has me dancing today, coming off the high of a fabulous weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment