Thursday, November 26, 2015

Five Things I am Thankful For!



Editor's Note: Today I am wearing a Vince leather skirt, a Rebecca Taylor 
silk blouse and Prada shoes.



Aside from saying what I'm thankful for in my prayers today and aloud to my family at the dinner table, I thought I would repeat my blessings here.


1. My twins, Riley & Harrison. A lot of people say this, but they are truly my miracles. I was told that I had a 3% chance of having them. THREE PERCENT! Out of 100! I was so grateful that I was able to conceive them and deliver two beautiful, healthy babies. Aside from that, they have grown into two smart, wonderful and successful adults and I cannot wait to see where they go from here. I love them more than anything in this world and they are today, and always my most treasured blessing.



2. Owning My Own Business. When I went out on my own 13 years ago, I never dreamed that I would get where I am today. So many people want to be their own boss, and I am fortunate and blessed to say that I drive my own ship. My business has taken me places I never thought possible and I can't wait to see where it takes me next!


3. Friends. I am so thankful to have a tight knit circle of close friends. I love how close I am to my friends and they are each so supportive and loving in their own unique ways. Friends give your days color and life, and I am indeed grateful for that.


4. My Burns. While I'm not sure I can exactly be grateful that I was badly burned at age 2, subsequently causing multipe horrific surgeries, I am very thankful that the burns didn't get on my face. I am grateful for the doctors that helped me and that god allowed me to heal so that I could go on to lead a happy and productive life.

5. Dallas Design District. Because of the business I am in, a design district being so close by in Dallas is such a blessing. There are so many designers across the country that have to do all of their work online and out of catalogues/fabric books, and while I do some work that way, it is wonderful that I can drive 40 minutes to one of the most fabulous design centers in the country to see everything up close and personal.


Please share with me in the comments, what are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! 




Last night for dinner I made chicken with fresh rosemary from the yard and 
tomatoes with garlic oil, oregano, parsley, slap ya momma seasoning and Monterey Jack cheese.


 This song was performed on Macy's parade this morning--absolutely love Jersey Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment