Friday, November 27, 2015

Kay's Favorite Design Magazines



Editor's Note: Today I am wearing an Ann Taylor wool top, Ann Taylor 
skinny jeans and J.Crew flats.

I talked earlier in the week about my favorite design books. Magazines give me something different than design books and that is their fresh perspective. I love opening my favorite shelter publications and seeing advertisements for lines I like and dissecting each project, deciding what I like about it or what I would have done differently. Here are my three favorites:

1. Veranda. At it's heart, Veranda has beautiful appointed, traditional interiors. However, I love that, while sticking to their original decor values, they are somewhat of a chameleon, mixing in contemporary, rustic and regency interiors. 

You'll see things in Veranda that are bright and colorful like this cover of this issue.


Mixed with interiors in a rustic French country style like this spread.


2. Traditional Home. I adore Traditional Home and always have. Their interiors span the country---which I really like about them, and whether they lean toward one style or another, everything is always inherently traditional.


Beautiful imagery and inspiration abound in Traditional Home's pages.


3. Architectural Digest. Another favorite of mine, and I love most of their projects, although I do not mind saying that I wish they would branch out more past the New York apartments like Traditional Home and Veranda do. There is more to interiors than just New York apartments (albeit fabulous!) and the other two magazines showcase things more like what I do. I do love the articles that AD puts out on vendors and they have some of the best advertisements.



I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!! We sure did!
Tonight I am off to a deb party, so I will not be cooking.


I did not cook Thanksgiving dinner last night but we had 
a wonderful family lunch at Rivercrest.


Classics never go out of style! This song is a perfect fit
 for wrapping presents or doing Christmas cards.

What do your holiday weekend plans look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment