Thursday, November 12, 2015

Flowers, Foliage and Babies---Oh My!


Editor's Note: Today I am wearing Ann Taylor velvet jeans, Taryn Rose flats and a silk blouse from Elie Tahari.

This morning I had a dual purpose client visit. I was doing flower arrangements for a home tour that is happening at her house tomorrow and I was helping her with a new project.

When I'm doing flowers for someone I get them at The Flower Market on 7th Street here in Fort Worth.

They have a great selection and will special order things ahead of time for you.


We loaded up three big boxes of beautiful flowers and were on our way!


I did several flower arrangements with a combination of antique hydrangeas, garden roses, and assorted berries.





This arrangement was a combination of dried and fresh foliage, with a few faux pieces thrown in to make it look more full.



I added dried foliage to this mantle a couple of weeks ago, and today I added three crystal vases of fresh flowers to it. I love how full it looks and the vibrant quality of the fall colors.


This arrangement is a bunch of dark pink berries that have this fern-like greenery, which I placed on the coffee table on her back porch.


I love this arrangement for the middle of the table. Those green and pink antique hydrangeas dry beautifully and will last for a while.


After I did the flowers, we started talking about our other order of business.
This client will have their first grand-baby in just a few months and we are planning her grandmother nursery for when the baby comes to visit.

Yesterday we went down the way from our office to Baby By Design, which is in the same shopping center.

image via here

Owned by Hilary Colia, Baby By Design is a darling baby boutique that sells furniture, bedding, baby clothing and accessories.

image via here

We fell in love with the Hilary crib, 
which has scalloped tops and inset panels with cane detailing.


We also loved this Valentino glider, which we are planning in a green and white geometric pattern to compliment our client's yellow and green nursery.


This little white bassinet is the perfect size for keeping by your bed when the baby is newborn.
It's such a precious little size and I loved the canopy that drapes over it.


Last night for dinner we had grilled chicken and asparagus.


Al Green is one of my favorite artists and I love this song!


No comments:

Post a Comment